Inspired by some very savvy customers who really shopped around before choosing us, here is a list of questions you should ask your mover. If you are looking not to be fooled and if you want to avoid a cheap trick have a read of these and ask away:
1. When do you start charging your hourly rate? When you reach our place or when you leave yours?
(Yes, some removalists start charging their hourly rate as soon as they drive out of their garage! Does this seem fair to you?)
2. Do I have to pay for the parking and fuel costs? Is there a call out fee?
(Make sure you read the whole contract, some places advertise no extra costs then hide these on the fine print of their contracts!)
3. Do you wrap furniture?
4. [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][if you have a piano]… Do you have a piano dolly? (Any other way of moving a piano is very risky!)
5. [if you have valuables such as antiques and jewellery or just for peace of mind]… Do you have insurance?
6. How big is your truck? What is the truck capacity?
7. Do you have a contract that you can send me before the move? Can you explain item (any item number) of the contract?
(If they don’t, it’s not necessarily a bad thing but make sure you feel comfortable knowing there is no binding contract)
8. Will you compensate me if you damage my furniture or my house?
9. What kind of specialist equipment do you have? Do you have blankets, straps, trolleys, shrink wrap or bubble wrap?
10. Who can I give feedback to about your service?
Any removalist who can answer these questions to your satisfaction is worth a premium! The lowest cost and poor quality movers won’t be able to… so will you risk your belongings and time with the cheap option?